So...Why even bother with a blog you ask? Well, you're reading it aren't you? I figure its the best way to let my friends know how I am doing while I am absent from their lives. I am just that kind of guy.
So let me entertain you with a story. This is a story of my frustration with blogger.com and how my blog came to be. So it was about 11 o'clock at night when I finally decided that I was bored enough to try and tackle something of this nature. After finding my Chi, I decided the best way was to dive right in without reading any instructions. Thats just the way I am, its a blessing and a curse. So I had myself all sorts of excited about finding a cool background and all that stuff.
So what happens next you ask? calm down, I'll tell you, and don't skip ahead to the next paragraph. I hate it when people do that. So, remember how I said I don't read instructions? Well here I was, sitting, staring at the ugliest blog site I have ever seen. So what does a guy who doesn't read instructions do when faced with a problem like trying to set up an awesome background?
He starts pushing random buttons.
So, after about 20 minutes of clicking the same buttons hoping for a different outcome, I was kind of hoping that the internet would detect my angst, and come up with the perfect solution. Well it didn't. So, the instruction reading started. Now you think its over? hellllll no, there is a reason why I don't read instructions, I have a friend in Taiwan who I assume translates instructions from Chinese to English, and somewhere in there, the instructions have lost their...well, instruction. So I ended up spending another 20 minutes trying to figure this out, eventually became despaired and just decided to settle with my ugly blog. It was at that very moment that the solution had shown itself in full view.
So, here I am, setting up my cool background with the autumn leaves that remind me of my childhood in Columbia County, NY. I was born in Hudson, NY to a Nurse and an Accountant. From there I slowly moved my way north to Valatie, NY, where we lived in a house that my parents built for the most part. I went to pre school while my older brother attended elementary school at Ichabod Central. Eventually, our family moved from Valatie, NY to Castleton, NY, a quaint village sitting atop the Hudson Valley overlooking the Hudson River. This was the town where I grew up. Two weeks before moving into my house there, I met my best friend, on a dirt pile, and to this day we are still friends, although I don't know if thats much of an accomplishment, I'll let you know when the silver anniversary comes up in my calendar.
Well that was a tangent for the ages...
Anyway, back to the leaves, as I was looking at the leaves thinking of my childhood and the 40-45 minutes I wasted trying to get to where I was....And then it hit me. Am I too old for this? How could I be? I'm 23! I am in the prime of my life! Well back in my day I wasn't allowed on the internet until 8th grade, and when I was on, my parents were in the room. Now 8 year old children have better phones than me that have internet access! I am not sure whats going on with this generation but I have a feeling that we are stuck in an accelerated society that matures at such a rate that 23 may be the new 30. That age when you start to realize that the world isn't your playground anymore and the kids at the B ball court start schoolin' your ass with their Michael Jordan moves, even with your new kicks on. Now that begs the question, do I have elderly experience? Probably not, I haven't made enough mistakes in my life to say I have that kind of experience....but I'm not sure where I was going with that thought. Maybe I should end it here for now.
So, I leave for now to go throw a record on and pass out, I have the day off tomorrow but I don't. I never have a day off, its always something. The car needs a tire rotation and balance and an inspection, I need to be checked out by the doctor for my army application, and then I am volunteering at The Bike Rescue in downtown Albany. And thats my day off...
Anyway, til neste gang.
Sweet, you have a blog...I will be you first follower :)
ReplyDeleteThe autumn leaves remind me of home as well, nice choice.
ReplyDeleteyou like how I referenced you in there?
ReplyDelete*sigh* leaves... that change color... God I wanted that CLC job.
ReplyDeleteDude, no internets til 8th grade? I was starting to build websites around 4-5th grade. I apologize. But, if it makes you feel better, I am quite impressed at your results. The leaves are a nice touch. Oh, and this Blogger stuff isn't the greatest intuitively. It did take me a bit to get it figured out myself lol.
PS: Gold star to Blair.