So, I have to apologize to some people as of late for not keeping up my correspondence but I have been extremely busy. Who uses the word correspondence these days, it seems kind of odd to me. Anyhoo, lets just jump in on this topic. When I was young and ignorant to the ways of life, I figured that staying friends with people I knew for many years would be easy. We would talk all the time, send emails/aim, hang out on breaks and be invited to each others weddings and all that stuff. Well, I grew up. I also learned that life doesn't always work that way. Some people just weren't meant to be friends with me no matter how hard I try. So I went to college and many of my friends stopped IMing and emailing and I found myself with the true core of friends who actually cared. These were the people who I care about. They don't give a shit where I am or what I am doing, they always know they will see me again and sure they miss me. I always gave second chances to people who dropped off the grid, and I have regained long lost friends that way.
I now revisit this topic after graduating college, now don't get me wrong the setting is a bit different. Instead of many years, there was around 5 years, and it wasn't like I just knew who was my friend and who would be a complete douche. I have to agree though that save a few of my friends from high school, I have a high quality band of people who I have the honor of calling my friends. I went through graduation thinking that this would be the sequel to the high school experience. It was the exact opposite. Now, I don't if there are different circumstances, but I have always placed friendship as my number one belief. Although my own commitment may lack at times, I have found myself with a constant to do list in my head that doesn't seem to end. I figured I would wash my car a few weeks ago, and its still pretty damn dirty. So, as scatterbrained as I may be, I still think of the fun times I have had with my friends and the fun to be had in the future. Oh by the way, spell check says that scatterbrained is a word, shit hot. yea. Anyway, some may come and go, and I am more willing to let them go because maybe it wasn't meant to be, but there are always people out there that I can't believe I met and can't imagine the rest of my life with out them in it, in any capacity.
So to all of you out there who still talk to me, call me, or remember the times we had on an abnormal basis, this is a shout out to you.
If you aren't around, may I see you soon so we can bro out, and if I may die before seeing you again, may I forever haunt your dreams as well as the dreams of your respective kids...I'll be like a stain that doesn't come out of your favorite t-shirt.
No comments:
Post a Comment