So, its been a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time since I last wrote on this thing. I don't even think I need to point that out, but....whatever. Anyway. So it is now coming toward the end of October and it has been one of the most amazing Autumns that I have experienced aside from the countless cross country Autumns that I lived through. It is mostly due to the fact that I haven't seen trees change colors for about five years, and it was slowly killing me inside. I mean, its one thing to not see leaves change, its another when you live in Florida, and rather than changing colors, the leaves just shrivel up and turn brown and black and look really ugly. There is a time and place for ugly leaves; thats right before the first snow fall in the first weeks of November. Thats right I said November. Ever since returning to the north I have tried to remember when exactly the snow starts falling.
Consensus: It depends.
I remember when it started snowing in the first week of October, but then again I remember it not snowing until Christmas (that was a very depressing winter).
But already I can sense it. The temperature is slowly reaching lows at night which could sustain solid precipitation if it were to rain/snow/sleet. And!....and, it has already snowed in the Adirondacks! This means that snow is soon to push south into my area and from that point I should be a happy camper to have completed one last Autumn in Upstate New York!
Aside from that, I have been working every day for about a week and a half and I finally have a day off tomorrow. But I am pooped so I am just gonna leave it here and go to bed. Expect some fall foliage pictures within the next 43 hours....I meant 48 but I guess I can mix it up a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment