Monday, September 6, 2010

Vagabond

So... I just watched the movie 500 Days of Summer, again...and there are two things I have to say about that movie.


One!

When I grow up, or maybe in a few years once I have a place of my own, like a real place of my own....I mean like my second floor studio brownstone in Georgetown with a view of the Potomac where I hook up a second floor loft bedroom, because my brownstone has vaulted ceilings so there will be a loft with glass side rails that lead down to my main living area......wow, a little insight into my dream home, anyhoo, I want an entire wall dedicated to a chalkboard with which I can write/draw anything I can think of. Of course, this is about 6 or 7 years down the road, and thats if I am not married with kids or something...but hopefully I don't have kids before I live in my dream home for at least one day. Or perhaps, I will just buy this dream house and use it as my vacation/get away from the family dream home/mancavebrownstone kinda thing. Or, maybe I'll just hook up a full brownstone in Georgetown if that happens, just in case...


TWO!


I absolutely love the song Vagabond by Wolfmother.

I know its random, but the song is just absolutely amazing! I like the way it builds at the beginning and just explodes into a wall of sound that just blasts your ears like a tidal wave that you had your back to at the beach....yea, we have all experienced that at least once. Not only do I love the acoustics of the song, the lyrics are kinda cool too, I always find myself just singing along to the 'I'll tell you everything about being free.' Its the line of the century in my books. To most people I am an easy going guy, just kinda floating around. Well I see all of these people I know around me freak out about the smallest thing, and I think, how would I react to that? I mean unless my dog died or 'boo got shot' on my front porch, then I wouldn't find myself freaking out too much. I have come to the realization that there is so much shit in this world that goes wrong every day, maybe, we should just not over analyze it. Its also very advantageous to ones positive psyche to realize that one day you are going to die, and there is nothing more scary than that. So when you compare everything else to your eventual death, it pales in comparison. Therefore, that nail you just broke, the OJ you accidentally poured in your cereal bowl, that coke your boyfriend bought you when you wanted a diet coke....does it really matter? nails grow back, OJ in a bowl is OJ in a bowl, drink it out of the bowl....and is one coke going to kill you? if you like the taste of diet coke better...don't even talk to me, there is no hope for you and no chance of me helping you understand that diet coke can kill you just as well as regular coke.

either way, this song is probably among my top five favorite songs, right along side all that other stuff that I really like but can't for the life of me remember. I'm sure that if it comes on the radio and you are with me, you will know.......Oh! The Who-Won't Get Fooled Again is my absolute favorite song of all time. Like pre-CSI, which almost ruined it for me, until I stopped watching the news on CBS and switched to NBC...although I still try to catch 60 minutes from time to time. Awesome song, pure awesome awesomeness.....woooh


Since I don't have anything else I can add to this, I think I'll just end it here...

2 comments:

  1. I want to live in a brownstone in Georgetown too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...I know exactly what a tidal wave feels like when you have your back to it at it hits you.

    ReplyDelete